Head: Aleksandr P. Ermishin
D.Sc. in Biology, Professor
Key directions of scientific research:
- Investigation and use of the gene pool of wild potato species: genetics of pre- and postzygotic interspecies barriers in potato and the development of methods to overcome them; analysis of the introgression of the gene pool of wild species into the breeding material; DNA marking and mapping of introgressive genes;
- Optimization of the potato breeding process on the basis of selection at the diploid level and manipulations with the starting material ploidy; elaboration of breeding programs and development of the starting material for the different stages of diploid breeding; use of DNA markers in potato breeding at diploid and tetraploid levels.
- Voronkova, E. V., Lisovskaya, V. M., Ermishin, A. P. Diploid hybrids between allotetraploid wild potato species Solanum acaule Bitt., S. stoloniferum Schltdl. and dihaploids S. tuberosum L. // Genetics. – 2007. – Vol. 43. No. 8. – P. 1065–1073.
- Ermishin, A. P., Makhanko, O. V., Voronkova, E. V. Receiving of diploid potato breeding material on the basis of somatic hybrids between Solanum tuberosum L. dihaploids and a wild diploid species Solanum bulbocastsnum Dunal. from Mexico // Genetics. – 2008. – Vol. 44. No. 5. – P. 645–653.
- Yermishin, A. P., Polyukhovich, Y. V., Voronkova, E. V., Savchuk, A. V. Production of hybrids between 2 EBN bridge species Solanum verrucosum and 1EBN diploid potato species // Amer. J. Potato Research. – 2014. – V. 91. – P. 610–617.
- Ermishin, A. P., Svitoch, O. V., Voronkova, E. V., Gukasyan, O. N., Luksha, V. I. Identification of the composition and allelic state of genes resistant to diseases and pests in potato parental lines by DNA markers // Genetics. – 2016. – Vol. 52. No. 5. – P. 569–579.
- Ermishin, A. P., Polyukhovich, Yu. V., Voronkova, E. V., Gukasyan, O. N. SvSv-lines as an effective tool to involve the valuable gene pool of 1EBN wild diploid potato species in breeding // Vavilov Journal of Genetics and Breeding. – 2017. – Vol. 21. No. 1. – P. 42–50.
- Yermishin, A. P., Levy, A. V., Voronkova, E. V., Polyukhovich, Yu. V., Ageeva, A. S. Overcoming unilateral incompatibility in crosses with wild allotetraploid potato species Solanum stoloniferum Schldtl. & Bouchet // Euphytica. – 2017. – V. 213. – P. 249 (an online publication of October 20, 2017).
- Yermishin, A. P., Voronkova E. V. Developmemt of initial material for marker assisted potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) parental line breeding at the diploid level // Agricultural Biology. – 2017. – Vol.52. N 1. – P. 50 – 62.
- Ermishin, A. P. Genetic principles in potato breeding for heterosis. – Minsk: Technalohija. – 1998. – 183 p.
- Biotechnology of plants and biosafety / A. P. Ermishin, E. V. Voronkova. – Minsk: Belarusian State University, 2015. – 359 p. ISBN 978-985-566-195-6. URI: http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/149511