Head: Aleksandr P. Ermishin
Doctor of Biological Sciences, professor
Key directions of scientific research:
- investigation and use of the gene pool of wild potato species: genetics of prezygotic and postzygotic interspecies barriers in a potato and the development of methods to overcome them; the analysis of introgression of the gene pool of wild species into the breeding material, DNA-marking and mapping of introgressive genes;
- optimization of the potato breeding process on the basis of breeding at the diploid level and manipulation with the starting material ploidy; the elaboration of breeding programs and development of the starting material for different stages of diploid breeding; use of DNA-markers in the potato breeding at diploid and tetraploid levels.
- Voronkova, V. Lisovskaya, A. Ermishin. Diploid hybrids among allotetraploid wild species of potatoes Solanum acaule Bitt., S. stoloniferum Schltdl. and dihaploids S.tuberosum L. // Genetics. – 2007. – Vol. 43. No. 8. – P. 1065–1073.
- Ermishin, O. Makhanko, E. Voronkova. Receiving of diploid potato breeding material on the basis of somatic hybrids between Solanum tuberosum L. dihaploids and a wild diploid species from Mexico Solanum bulbocastsnum Dunal // Genetics.– 2008. – Vol. 44. No. 5. – P. 645–653.
- Polyukhovich, O. Makhanko, A. Savchuk, E. Voronkova, A. Ermishin. Development of intermediary lines to overcome interspecies incompatibility in potatoes // Vesti, NAS of Belarus, Edition: Biological Sciences. – 2010. – No.2. – P. 51–58.
- Polyukhovich, A. Savchuk, E. Voronkova, A. Ermishin. Effectiveness of hybridization between Solanum verrucosum Schldl and 1EBN by wild diploid species of potatoes with use of extrapollination of their flowers with pollen S. phureja IvP 35 technique // Abstracts of NAS of Belarus. – 2011. – Vol. 55. No. 3. – P. 88–92.
- Yermishin, Y. Polyukhovich, E. Voronkova, A. Savchuk. Production of hybrids between 2 EBN bridge species Solanum verrucosum and 1 EBN diploid potato species // Amer. J. Potato Research. – 2014. – Vol. 91. – P. 610–617.
- Ermishin, O. Svitoch, E. Voronkova, O. Gukasyan, V. Luksha. Identification of the composition and allelic state of genes resistant to diseases and pests in potato parental lines by DNA-markers // Genetics. – 2016. – Vol.52. No. 5. – P. 569–579.
- A.P. Ermishin. Genetic principles in potato breeding for heterosis. – Minsk: Technalohija. – 1998. – 183 p.
- Biotechnology of plants and biosafety / A.P. Ermishin, E.V. Voronkova. – Minsk: Belarusian State University, 2015. – 359 p. – ISBN 978-985-566-195-6. – URI for on-line reading: http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/149511.